| St. Michael the Archangel`s Church or the Garrison Church is a Roman Catholic church in Kaunas, closing the perspective of the Laisves aleja, a main pedestrian street. It was built in 1893 in Neo-Byzantine style for a Kaunas Fortress garrison. It was used as Catholic garrison church during the interbellum.
During the Soviet occupation, it was used as an art gallery and nowadays it serves as a Roman-Catholic church. The other popular name of the church is Soboras. Just inisde the church and to the right is the entrance to the catacombs, that may be unlocked if asked.
© Copyright 2005- 2021 Brodyaga.com Contacts
All photos, maps, texts are free for a personal use only. For a public, professional or commercial use, please contact the Authors directly